FM (Financial management) is very important aspect of our lives. We have heard a lot about financial management and how we can gain control of our finances but many are still finding it difficult to manage their finances. Many are deep in debt and can’t find a way to get out. In situations like this, we must realize that there is no “quick” way out available to natural man, but the supernatural can get you out. We must also apply discipline and determination. We can not keep wishing we would get out of debt and still continue into debt, it doesn’t work that way. At this stage (1), I share what has worked for me and I am sure will work for you if you can just apply a little discipline:
12 Steps That Get You Out of Debt
First you must accept that you need help and that you cannot help yourself. So speak to the Lord and ask Him to help you get out of debt. Now let’s get in to the practical side of things!
- Make the decision to not borrow or use credit cards and loans anymore. You must first make a definite decision and stand firm on it.
- #Trust God, focus on Him. Ask Him. Quit borrowing, not from friends, not from credit card companies, not car loans, etc. You don’t have to buy anything that you can’t afford, learn to live within your means and be content with what you have.
- If you have credit cards, it is time to let them go. Cut Cut Cut.
- Setup a budget and a pay-off/payment plan and stay disciplined with that plan.
- Only use your debit card or cash to make purchases.
- When ever you get a huge amount of money (supernaturally) or get paid monthly, focus on paying of what you owe and not buying more thing. As God wills, you may be tested in this area, if you prove to be wiling to listen to Him on what to do with what He gives you, then He will give you more (supernaturally).
- Setup a savings account and ensure that you have a minimum of $25 going into that account weekly or bi-weekly. This may also serve as “emergency fund”.
- Many of us have a million things laying around the house and wasting away. Look around your house and sell things that you are not using. This will help you come up with some extra cash. You can sell them on eBay, Craigslist, Amazon, etc.
- Continue in discipline and be determined to stay strong until you see the end of it – which will be good!
- Apply spiritual laws and principles to financial increase (see video below).
- WALK in the Spirit & be led by Him. There are some exceptional cases – as long as you ‘re sure & believe that God is directing you to what you are doing, it will work for you – but may not work for others.
- Keep believing God for total financial liberation
Link it up!
- Spiritual Implications & Impacts of Loans & Borrowing on a Believer
- You shouldn’t borrow to pay prophets offering
- 30 Scriptures Reveal God’s Plan For Wealth and Riches
- Understanding Kingdom Wealth and Prosperity
- 10+ Why Believers Should Tithe
- Seek ye first the kingdom
- Tithing the right way
- Spiritual Principles of Borrowing
- How To Lend to Others with Wisdom